Online counselling can open up a world of possibilities right from the comfort of your own home.
I currently offer all of my counselling sessions online, usually via Zoom.
There are many benefits to accessing counselling online, such as:
- You can fit your counselling sessions around your life commitments
- You incur less costs from things like travel and parking
- You can still access counselling even with limited access to transport or living in remote areas
- You can maintain regular sessions if you travel for work
- You have greater choice of counsellors to work with, who best suits your needs
- You may feel more comfortable having sessions in your own environment
Accessibility for everyone
I believe in making counselling as accessible to as many people as possible. Some people find accessing face to face counselling more challenging due to:
- Physical disability and accessibility of counselling rooms
- Commitments – like being a parent or carer
- Anxiety, panic attacks, claustrophobia, or any other conditions that cause people to find it difficult to leave the safety of their own home
- Living in a remote area
- Not having access to transport required to get to face to face appointments
Having counselling sessions online can help overcome the barriers that some of these issues would usually present of getting to a face to face session.
To have counselling sessions online you will need:
- A strong internet connection and a device with a camera (laptop, mobile phone, tablet)
- A quiet and private space at home, where you will be uninterrupted and feel comfortable to talk